Lomdim - The Centre for Jewish Living and Learning Religious School
Lomdim means “We Learn!” At the Centre for Jewish Living and Learning, we believe that…
• Jewish learning energizes Jewish living.
• Jewish learning happens best in the context of community.
• Jewish learning should support and challenge learners to become
accomplished progressive Jews.
We offer a dynamic curriculum based on multi-sensory programming with a special emphasis on learning through creative expression and the arts.
Small classes enable us to focus on individual development and self-expression as well as core Hebrew language skills and cultural and religious knowledge.
Our staff is supported in best practice classroom techniques and innovative teaching methods through ongoing professional development.
We are an inclusive learning community. The Centre for Jewish Living and Learning welcomes students with a range of learning challenges into our community, tailoring schedules and curriculum to support their educational, social, and sensory needs. We understand the importance of working closely with family and support professionals to design appropriate and attainable educational goals. We are committed to providing a rich and meaningful Jewish learning experience for all our students.
Our educational program is designed to connect:
to congregational life through integrated services, holiday programming, and special events
to families through multigenerational learning opportunities and family-oriented special programming throughout the year
to the community through ongoing social action and participation in community-wide events
to Israel through curriculum, cultural programming, special guests and events, and social action
Our mission is to prepare our students to become informed and engaged Jewish adults.
We offer a comprehensive program of learning, leadership, and peer activities from preschool to high school!
• Our Small Fry Series provides regular opportunities for our youngest members (up to age 7) and their families to enjoy age-appropriate Jewish communal learning and celebration.
• Our Foundations program engages learners (JK through Grade 10)
in the fundamentals of language, religion, and culture.
• Our Mitkadem Hebrew language program and arts-based Chugim
(electives) offer students from Grades 2 to 12 individualized
programming choices along with enriched core curriculum.
• Our bar/bat mitzvah preparation program emphasizes peer support
and collective learning as well as individualized coaching.
• Our integrated mentoring/classroom assistant/tutor program gives
older students opportunities to develop important leadership skills
while forging bonds within our congregational community.
• Our Reform Community “CHAI SCHOOL” provides teens and their friends with engaging Jewish learning and social experiences, including courses for high school credit and driver certification.
• A full program of educational and social events supports continued
participation in the life of our school, our congregation, and our
community throughout the teen years.
Contact our Director of Education, Robin Leszner, R.J.E.,for more information!